Lizzie is a lover of analog game design. You can find her crowd-funded blog about games over at LeavingMundania.com. Here are a few of her extra curricular projects:
Books on Games
- Leaving Mundania (Chicago Review Press, 2012), a narrative nonfiction exploration of larp. Read more in the books section of this site.
- #Feminism: A Nano-Game Collection (Fëa Livia, 2016) is an anthology of 34 nano games written by participants from 11 countries. Along with Anna Westerling and Misha Bushyager, Lizzie co-edited the book. She also contributed the game “Manic Pixie Dream Girl Commandos.”
- Pocket Guide to American Freeform (Stark Scenarios, 2014)) is Lizzie’s short, self-published monograph about the history of this emerging form, and includes advice on how to write, play, and facilitate these short games.
- Larps from the Factory (Fantasiforbundet, 2013) is a collection of ready-to-run larps written by the Norwegian Larp Factories. Along with Elin Nilsen and Trine Lise Lindahl, Lizzie co-edited the book, which included more than 20 short larps written by several dozen wonderful Norwegian larpwrights.
- The Curse is an American freeform game for four players and a facilitator about hereditary breast cancer, and is available for free download.
- In Residency is an American freeform game for 9-15 players and a facilitator about romance and the relationship between creation and trauma at an artists’ colony in the country. It is available from DriveThruRPG for $5.99.
- This Miracle, an American freeform game about religion for 9-15 players, written with Nick Fortugno. Available for free download.
- Entries from LeavingMundania.com are widely cited in the field.
- “The Curse of Writing Autobiographical Games,” in Journal of Analog Game Studies, forthcoming.
- “Writing a Larpscript” with Trine Lise Lindahl and Elin Nilsen, The Cutting Edge of Nordic Larp for Knutpunkt 2014.
- “Trampled by the Herd” in Crossing Habitual Borders for Knutepunkt 2013, an essay on larp safety.
- “Mad About the Techniques” in The Wyrd Con Companion Book (download), 2013, a description of techniques from the US run of the Nordic larp Mad About the Boy.
- “We hold these rules to be self evident” in States of Play: Nordic Larp Around the World in the Solmukohta 2012 Knutepunkt-books, an essay on American larp as emblematic of American national values.